A luxury watch tells not just the time, but it also expresses the wearer’s style, wisdom, and success. The entire process of creating high-end timepieces is distinctly different from those of mass-produced watches, which makes them a symbol of prestige. Here are four main qualities that set them apart from run-of-the-mill options.
- Brand – The biggest names in the luxury watch industry have a landmark feature that sets them apart from the others. For example, Rolex watches are made from 904L steel, a more sophisticated and more rust and corrosion-resistant option that requires the use of special tools and machines. That makes their timepieces last for many years, thus the high price tag.
- In-house Movements – All the moving parts of a watch are put together in the company’s plant rather than being outsourced. Some watchmakers even perform the assembly and polishing totally by hand.
- Features – Many luxury watches offer additional functions that go beyond the standard model. Features like a date display, calendar, and time zone information can add more value to a watch.
- Jewelry – Some of the most expensive watches are adorned with precious metals and gemstones. They serve as jewelry to fit the individual’s jet setter lifestyle.
The Best Way To Sell Or Pawn A Luxury Watch
To liquidate a watch in a quick yet safe and proven way requires you to pay attention to some essential things. Here are tried and tested tips for beginners:
- Avoid Shady Online Platforms – If you want to get the most out of your luxury watch, better avoid online apps and platforms like Craigslist, OfferUp, Letgo, etc. Meeting up with strangers is generally unsafe and the risks can outweigh the benefits. Going to these platforms also poses disadvantages such as price haggling, waiting for a buyer to make a contact, and meeting a potential buyer that might not even turn up.
- Skip The Retail Stores – Many resale websites have emerged for people who want to sell their second-hand items. However, consumers rarely receive a good return since these websites will only buy the items at a relatively low price.
- Find A Professional Buyer – Go to a shop that has a deep understanding of luxury watches and offers a competitive rate. Make sure you are dealing in a secure environment and you are talking to people who are highly skilled and professional. You can easily search the web for more information and reviews for a particular pawn shop.
How To Get Started
Don’t let your luxury watches to catch dust in your drawer. If you have a financial emergency or you just feel like letting go of your old watches to purchase the latest models, go to Biltmore and have your timepieces appraised.
You can either sell your luxury watches outright or take out a loan. Using our online appraisal form, give us some general information regarding the watch you wish us to evaluate. You may also speak with our staff through one of our hotlines – 480-470-1924 (Scottsdale) or 480-508-9091 (Chandler). Bring your assets to one of our offices and receive an estimate, no need for an appointment.